Friday, March 13, 2009

What if selling were like a treasure hunt?

For Immediate Release
Contact: Carolyn Ziel
Email: carolyn@essentialselling.com



What if selling your services or business was like a treasure hunt?


Let’s face it, in today’s market finding a job or a client is a numbers game. Do you know your call ratio success rate? It takes many more calls to find a job or sell a service or product in this market. If you could increase your call success ratio by 30% to 40% wouldn’t you do that? Carolyn Ziel, founder of Essential Selling, knows what it takes to be successful in this market and she can teach you how to do the same.

Carolyn has a new method to teach people how to market themselves and their businesses in this challenging economy with her Essential Cold Calling System™. She started her own recruiting business seven years ago after working for several larger recruiting firms since 1998. Her years in the trenches of executive search have given her a unique perspective of what it takes to do business over the phone. Her phone is her best friend and most valued business tool. In a job market flooded with applicants and services, cold calling is a way to rise above the crowd and get your resume, service or company noticed. Or if you are in a multi-level marketing firm, cold calling can be your best friend. Carolyn Ziel has taught sales teams with her unique Essential Cold Calling System™ and helped them raise their sales by 30% to 40% even in what people are calling a “down economy”.

“I have been in some sort of sales and marketing role ‘officially’ for over eighteen years. I have been a successful recruiter for over eleven years and have owned my own business for the last seven where I utilize cold calling techniques to build my business.” says Carolyn Ziel of Essential Selling. “The reason I say ‘officially’ is because I didn’t always know I was in sales. Actually, it took me about a year to figure out that being a successful recruiter meant that I had to be a successful sales person. I don’t care if you own a salon, a grocery store, a lemonade stand or run your own organization within a multi-level marketing company, you are a sales person. Actually, a persuasive argument with your spouse causes you to ‘sell’ your point of view. I grew up in the entertainment industry. My Dad was in production and was a producer. I always knew that was what I wanted to do when I grew up and I did for a while. I worked on film sets and in the production offices of several motion picture studios you might have heard of and on some feature films you might have even seen. All the skills that I used on the set to communicate effectively with the crew and the actors and the skills I used to solve some pretty tricky problems are all the skills that I use on a daily process in sales.”

Just think if you could increase your profits by 30% to 40% wouldn’t you want to try this amazing new system? Thinking on your feet, researching and problem solving are the skills of cold calling. But before you even pick up the phone Carolyn has devised a system that helps you demystify the process. By thoroughly examining your reasons for doing your business you will find key emotional connections that will drive you forward to success in your business. Her process takes you from understanding why you do the business you do, to establishing your value in the market place, research, formulating your introduction and finally using all of these skills on the calls with your prospective clients.

“When I first started cold calling I was terrified. I was new to recruiting and didn’t understand the industry. My boss, Frank, had asked me my interests and I told him. They were fitness, health and nutrition. “Great, you’ll place accountants’, he boomed. Frank was very intimidating. Rumor had it he was deaf in one ear and so he spoke very loudly. I was so nervous and insecure at the time. I didn’t tell him I knew nothing about accounting. I just nodded and said, ‘Okay’. I had no training; I didn’t understand anything about recruiting and knew nothing about accounting. I didn’t even know how to balance my checkbook. I found myself in an industry I knew nothing about, selling a product (a person) that I didn’t understand. I barely understood what cold calling was and so I didn’t understand the value of cold calling. I certainly didn’t know my own value.”


“Frank explained that my goal was to call companies and have the companies eventually hire the candidate (an accountant) that I was selling (describing) to them. Of course, there were a lot of steps in the process, but first I had to just start making calls. Frank put me in a conference room and dropped a huge hard covered yellow directory on the table in front of me with a bang. He turned to software companies and said, ‘Call these companies and present this accountant’. He handed me the resume of an accountant.”
“I had no idea what to say or how to say it and with very little direction I got on the phone. Frank told me to ask for people with the title of ‘Controller’ or ‘Chief Financial Officer’. I didn’t know what they did either. When I first interviewed with Frank he told me I could be successful at recruiting. I was operating on blind faith at this point. I didn’t have enough belief in myself, but I believed Frank, he was very convincing. I just picked up the phone and started making calls.”

What stops people from cold calling? In one word… fear. Given her first experience in cold calling Carolyn really understands those fears can be debilitating and she gives you strategies to over come them. “Once you transition from fear into activity, cold calling becomes like a treasure hunt,” says Carolyn. “When you shift your focus from yourself to a place of curiosity about the other person you can really begin the process of building profitable relationships.”

When asked why she loves her cold calling system she replies, “It’s a fun way to spend to day. I’m calling with the intention of helping someone solve a problem. I know that by reaching out and connecting with that other person I am offering value to their business and their lives. It’s a win-win situation.” Carolyn believes you could be one phone call away from a financial wind fall of success. What happens if you quit before you make that last call? What treasure could you find by talking to one more person? It’s important to know how to find the treasures through building your business with cold calling. By not calling you could miss an opportunity of a life time.
For more information or to set an interview with Carolyn Ziel email: carolyn@essentialselling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment